I’m still just 1/3 way through the game. Here’s some of my thoughts so far
- Gorgeous world. No it’s not the level of graphic detail of Horizon Zero Dawn, but given Switch’s processing power, the game looks absolutely amazing.
- Pyra is really cute (Talking about her face)
- Pyra is overly sexualized. .Does Monolith need to let her wear a thong into battle. While it’s common in Japanese Role Playing Games (“fans service”, they said), it’s not what gaming should be.
- The fetch quests are really, really boring. They need to die.
- Looting is tedious. Too many “collection points”, too little value or interest for each of them.
- The enemies really lack of diversity, Well, they have plenty of beasts in the game, but they way you kill them are no different at all. Combats are pretty much the same. Wait for this then press this button. Bah.
- Crafting is not that fun.
- The characters are super talkative during the combats. All 6 of them!
My friend told me the game will get much better in chapter 4 and 5, especially in combats, so I’m trying. But right now, I would give it a 7. Or a 7.5, for Pyra.