Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is the second Switch game I played, and the first one I actually enjoyed.
- It’s a Mario game
- Beautiful and vibrant world designs.
- In fact it might be the most cute game I’ve played. Can’t wait to play it with my children (but given it’s rated ESRB 7+, it’ll be quite some time.
- It’s XCOM without creepy creatures and scary moments. It does not have the strategy/tactical depth XCOM 2 has to provide, but it’s fun nonetheless.
- It’s easy to restart a battle and play differently for different outcome.
- The game is, surprisingly, smooth on Switch. Can’t say the same for XCOM 2 on PS4. I have to give credit to Ubisoft for this.
- As other Mario game, it’s not voiced.
- Finding ways can be frustrating some times.
- Some puzzles are more confusing than funny
- Dragging end – you have battle after battle toward the end, which can be tiring for both you and the team.
All in all, it’s a fun game regardless and one I can recommend to Switch’s owners. 9/10.